Join us for our Show and Sale this march at the Atlanta Botanical Gardens, Day Hall and Hardin Visitor Center!
The show will run from March 10th to March 12th. There will be at least 10 individually created exhibits featuring flowering orchids at their best, including many unusual and rarely seen species and hybrids, so come and enjoy the impressive displays of blooming orchid plants that will fill Day Hall with fragrance and beauty!
This will be an AOS sanctioned show that will include award judging by the American Orchid Society as well as educational classes for anyone wishing to know more about how to grow these fascinating and beautiful plants. Each of our vendors will have a sales area offering plants for sale and plenty of free growing advice.
We can still use more volunteers. We need more people to help at the society table on Friday, Saturday afternoon, and Sunday morning. We can always use a little more help for setup early Wednesday afternoon and in the middle of the day (11-2) on Thursday. If anyone else is interested in helping please send a note to Jan Spenard (email@example.com).
The documents needed to register plants at the show:
- 2017 Atlanta Show Schedule – This contains all of the information about our registration process and the classes for our show. Instructions for using the entry form are on page 7.
- 2017 Show Entry Form – This Excel file is where you will enter your plants
- MAOC Classification – The Mid-America orchid classification document, gives classes for each genus
- MAOC Intergeneric – The Mid-America intergeneric makeup listing, gives the parent genera for each hybrid genus
If you are entering plants for more than one person, please use Exhibitor ID 1A for yourself, 1B for second person, etc. and give us a list of the names when you return the entry form.
Thursday, March 9th
Setup begins at 10am for our Vendors and Exhibitors.
Friday, March 10th
At 9am, the official American Orchid Society judging of the exhibits will begin, and the vending area will available to the public.
At noon, the exhibits will also be available to the public.
We will be holding a dinner for Volunteers/Judges/Vendors/Exhibitors on Friday evening after the show closes. It will be hosted by JoJo Stickney and Carl Quattlebaum. We will have directions and more information at the show.
Saturday, March 11th
The show will be open from 9am until 5pm.
Sunday, March 12th
The show will be open from 9am until 4pm.
Takedown begins at 4pm.
Our Vendors for 2017
- Ingram’s Better Orchid Books (Gainesville, FL)
https://orchidexchange.org/vendors/ingrams-better- orchid-books- store/
- Kool-Logs (Alpharetta, GA)
- Marble Branch Farms (Walhalla, SC)
- Odom’s Orchids (Ft. Pierce, FL)
- Orchidabilia (Gainesville, FL)
- Orchid Inn (Bloomington, IL)
- Owens Orchids, Etc. (Pisgah Forest, NC)
- Peach State Orchids (Woodstock, GA)