Benefits of Membership
The Atlanta Orchid Society was formed in 1947 as a non-profit organization for people to learn about orchids, share their knowledge and experiences, and promote their love of orchids. As one of approximately 550 local societies affiliated with the American Orchid Society, we are a dedicated group of individuals bursting with enthusiasm for orchids, and eager to share our knowledge with others!
Membership to the Atlanta Orchid Society is open to anyone interested in orchids — there are others who share your interest! Whether you are a novice or experienced grower, we all have something to learn from one another. Members are encouraged to participate in discussion, hold offices and offer suggestions.
Advantages to membership include
- Monthly presentations and growing tips by well known orchidists.
- Mentoring program for novice growers
- Lending library.
- Plant raffles (at meetings).
- Plant auctions.
- Tours of local greenhouses.
- Orchid culture demonstrations.
- Information about conservation efforts.
- Information about American Orchid Society judging.
- Annual show and sale
- Membership at no additional charge to the Mid-America Orchid Congress (one of six regional groups within the U.S. affiliated with the American Orchid Society).
- Most importantly of all, we offer a warm gathering for people to make new friends and have fun while sharing in our love of orchids!
Join us the second Monday of each month at 8:00pm at the Atlanta Botanical Gardens. You are encouraged to bring orchids for show, discussion or questions. Additionally, orchids in bloom can be entered into a judging by some of our more experienced and knowledgeable growers.
Come join us!
For membership questions, please email our Membership Chair, Jessica Wackerman